The title is not meant to be insulting or sarcastic. It’s real. I’ll tell you more about why I’m so passionate about this subject.
The CDC lists several benefits of exercise if used properly. Besides controlling weight, there are many other benefits such as:
- Reducing your risk of Metabolic Syndrome and Type 2 Diabetes
- It also reduces the risk of heart/cardiovascular disease
- Exercise strengthens your muscles and bones
- Improves your movement and is great for mental health, and
- In some cases, may reduce your risk of cancer
Getting to my first point, exercise is important for everyone. People of all ages should exercise regularly and many go to a gym. But no one person is the same; every individual is at a different level! We have different abilities, different health problems, different performance capabilities. Your fitness plan should reflect your unique physical abilities.